OUR SERVICES / REQUEST SAMPLES
Requesting samples from our repository is easy. Simply familiarize yourself with our process, and connect with us through an easy-to-use form.
REQUESTING GENOMIC DNA SAMPLES
SAMPLE & SHIPPING COSTS
- OGL is a nonprofit biorepository. The prices we charge for products and services offset some of the costs we incur.
- We charge $31 per DNA sample and $23 per tissue sample, plus shipping charges.
- Please contact us with your request to further discuss cost details.
CITING & COMMUNICATING
- For all publications concerning associated data or materials distributed by OGL, an appropriate citation must be made of the material and/or data source.
ALTERNATIVE REQUESTING OPTION
- Our services and samples are also available on Science Exchange.
OGL SAMPLE REQUEST FORM
For all publications concerning materials (or data derived from materials) distributed by Ocean Genome Legacy (OGL), whether tissue, genomic DNA, tissue products or associated data, an appropriate citation must be made of the material and/or data source. The proper format for such reference citation is:
“OGL Accession ID [Specimen ID #(s)]. The Ocean Genome Legacy Center. Northeastern University. Published on the web at: ogl.northeastern.edu/catalog.”
Communication of Citations
OGL requests that all researchers citing OGL and/or OGL materials and/or OGL data in their publications inform OGL of such publications and citations by sending an e-mail with the relevant information through our Information Request form. This will help OGL measure the effective utilization of our biorepository, and will allow us to direct other researchers to your work.
We at Ocean Genome Legacy are dedicated to providing the best genomic data available to our users. We strive to follow current Best Practices in acquiring and maintaining our collection of biological specimens. We adhere strictly to all relevant permitting for collection by region and species. We maintain accurate, detailed records of the specimens we receive, preserve them using state-of-the-art techniques, and perform rigorous quality control on all extractions.
In order to help assure the quality, accuracy and compliance of our collection, we ask that depositors read and adhere to our policies and practices.
The Ocean Genome Legacy Biorepository at Northeastern University can offer researchers:
1. Assistance and advice in formulating and drafting sample management plans for grant submissions. Boiler plate language for proposals can be found here.
2. A compliant, secure, and publicly accessible biorepository for your samples and associated metadata.
3. Submission of your sample metadata to public data aggregators/servers (GBIF, OBIS, and GGBN).
4. Continued access to your samples after submission and the ability to temporarily embargo sample and data distribution to accommodate your research and publication plans.
Ocean Genome Legacy maintains a local copy of the FDA Reference Standard Sequence Library for Seafood Identification (RSSL). For more information about the FDA RSSL, please see the FDA’s documentation. This file is provided by OGL as a courtesy. OGL is not responsible for the accuracy of its content.
FDA RSSL from September 2018 (.xlsx file)